||The purpose of this class is to improve your English skills so that you can be successful in international business situations. Classes will be carried out in English only. We will work together in small groups to complete common business tasks.
||Students will need to do the following things in this class.
1. Come to class on time
2. Do the classwork and class activities
3. Work in small groups as a team
4. Study business vocabulary for weekly vocabulary quizzes.
5. Prepare your presentations
||This class is in a specialized foreign language category.
||The goals of this course are to improve the following points below.
1. Business English vocabulary
2. TOEIC score
3. Understanding international business situations
4. Giving presentations in English
5. Working as a team and communicating in English to meet goals
||Classes will be conducted in English and students will practice listening, speaking, reading, and writing for business purposes.
||Students will be expected to study business vocabulary, complete homework from the textbook, and prepare for presentations outside of class hours.
||Text: Business Venture 1 Student Book
Authors: Roger Barnard & Jeff Cady
Publisher: Oxford University Press
||Class participation: 40%
TOEIC Practice Test: 10%
||In real business situations you must actively perform tasks to the best of your ability. In this class as well, you must participate in order to be successful.
||Let's enjoy learning English together in a way that will help us to have bright futures in international business!
||Talk to me after class or send me an E-mail at MichaelEssexOUEL@gmail.com